We are currently updating this information.
Home Learning at Chaucer School is designed to;
- Consolidate and extend in class learning
- Prepare for new learning activities
- Evidence progress and deepen understanding.
- Develop independent research skills
- Enable parents to support their child's learning
- Enable students to take ownership and responsibility for learning
- Ensure students are given every possibility to succeed.
Amount of home learning
Homework is broken down into 3 stages:
- Present new information
- Construct meaning
- Apply to demonstrate your understanding.
The amount of home learning set for each subject is dependent on the three stages of the tasks but this should not exceed more than 30 minutes per subject to complete.
Submission of home learning
Each completed home learning will be awarded a stamp in line with the whole school's reward policy. Class teachers will also award additional prizes for work handed in that demonstrates outstanding effort and progress. Each subject will provide clear success criteria as to how each level will be awarded.
Will be set on the individual homework, set by the teacher. Students and parents will be able to view the deadlines.
Class teachers will follow the school policy of providing WWW (what went well) and EBI (even better if) comments on all appropriate homework. Students will be given the opportunity to reflect on teacher feedback to improve their work when necessary.
Homework will be published on the Student Portal and parents can see the homework that has been set on My Child at School (MCAS).